Monday, April 13, 2009

so i've decided to throw my itunes on shuffle tonight and see what i get. i never do this, but tonight a voice in my head said it'd be fun and exciting, and it actually is pretty interesting so far. here's the results, with a little running commentary sprinkled in by yours truly.

jay-z - lucifer [white people are allowed to like rappers other than kanye west, right?]
blink-182 - easy target
the weepies - nobody knows me at all [still lovin' this band]
the shins - pressed in a book
the kooks - eddie's gun
lauryn hill - superstar
paramore - when it rains
copeland - you have my attention [an all-time favorite of mine]
coldplay - in my place [fun fact: whenever i do a soundcheck at a show, i play this song]
marvin gaye - god is love (b-side version)
green day - tight wad hill
city and colour - confessions [not to be confused with the usher song]
stevie wonder - all day sucker
eminem - criminal [yeah, i love eminem, wanna fight about it?]
vega under fire - boom boom
blink-182 - wasting time [despite some silly lines here and there, i find myself relating to this song a lot right now...]
the beatles - helter skelter [what has been dubbed by many as the first heavy metal song ever]
frank sinatra - for once in my life
margot & the nuclear so and so's - a sea chanty of sorts
circa survive - the great golden baby
john lennon - crippled inside
lil' wayne - tie my hands
underoath - you're ever so inviting [probably the musical opposite of the previous song]
my chemical romance - dead
the beach boys - i know there's an answer
fall out boy - dead on arrival
death cab for cutie - transatlanticism
the fray - fall away
the rolling stones - let it loose
traveling wilburys - she's my baby

kanye west - school spirit [what, i never said i didn't love me some kanye...]

and with that my journey ends. good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment